Standing Up For Your Rights And Interests
Facing a lawsuit is often a stressful, emotional time. As your advocate, our job is to guide you through the process efficiently.
Our North Texas law firm is experienced with litigated matters across several areas of law, such as:
- Business and commercial disputes
- Land disputes
- Disputes involving fiduciaries, probate, guardianship and trusts
- Breaches of contract
- Real and personal rights to property
Tough, Sensible Trial Lawyers
In a lawsuit, our goal is not to make a conflict worse. Sometimes scorched-earth litigation is unavoidable, but either way we are here to advance your interests in a professional and responsible manner. When negotiation fails, we treat lawsuits as the formal way to resolve the issue. Alternative dispute resolution methods are typically less expensive than a trial and allow the client to maintain some control over the outcome, so all options are thoroughly explored.
Strategic litigation does not have to sacrifice your needs. Our resilient lawyers will aggressively pursue your interests as necessary.
What To Do When Facing Litigation
To prepare to defend or prosecute your position in court, you should:
- Gather as much information and documentation as possible, including copies of contracts, invoices and other documents relevant to the disputes, including emails or other forms of communication with the other party.
- Review the situation with your attorney and determine your main objectives.
- Avoid contacting the other party except through your lawyer, who will communicate carefully to protect your interests.
- Avoid “flaming” the other party or posting about the conflict on your personal social media accounts.
- Learn what to expect from the legal process from your attorney — reasonable expectations are key to appreciating the outcome of the situation.
We will provide reliable support throughout your lawsuit. Once we have a clear picture of the dispute, we will help you form your strategy. Your attorney will conduct any relevant legal research and argue on your behalf.
Draw Upon 100 Years Of Legal Experience
Kelsey, Kelsey & Hickey, PLLC, is ready to confront your dispute. Call our Denton office at 940-387-9551 or contact us online to schedule a consultation. We will explain your rights, offer strategic counsel and plan for court.