Richard H. Kelsey was educated at the University of Texas at Austin, LL.B. He has taught trust and probate law at Texas Woman's University plus civil trial and procedure, and he has taught business law at Big Bend Community College. Also, he taught business and banking law at the American Institute of Banking. His military service includes JAGC and the USAF from 1964 to 1967.
Kelsey was Phi Alpha Delta and an adjunct faculty member at University of North Texas-Business Law. In addition, Richard H. Kelsey was the President of the Denton County Bar Association from 1973 to 1974, a member and President of the Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section from 1999 to 2000, and a member of both the State Bar of Texas and the College of the State Bar of Texas. Now, he is a member of our preeminent law firm of real estate litigation attorneys that boasts 75 years of experience in handling numerous cases involving real estate contracts, residential home sales and landlord-tenant disputes.
Richard H. Kelsey is the recipient of the Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated- AV® Preeminent™ distinction. In the legal profession, this is the highest honor for an attorney to receive. Richard H. Kelsey received it for his exceptional ethics and professionalism. In addition, he has been a speaker and author of materials for seminars on probate law, eminent domain, gas and oil, and real estate law.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate
- Oil and Gas
- Texas, 1964
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Big Bend Community College, Lecturer
- Texas Woman's University, Lecturer
- American Institute of Banking, Lecturer
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated- AV® Preeminent™ distinction
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Denton County Bar Association, President, 1973 to 1974
- Denton County Bar Association, Real Estate, Probate and Trust Section, President, 1999 to 2000
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- College of the State Bar of Texas, Member
Past Employment Positions
- JAGC, 1964 to 1967
- USAF, 1964 to 1967
- Phi Alpha Delta